ONE DAY WORKSHOP ON FEM & PRACTICAL STRESS ANALYSIS : BENCHMARK AND BEST PRACTICES
DURATION : 21 JULY 2018 (1 DAY)
VENUE : The Chancery Pavilion, Ashok Nagar, BENGALURU
ABOUT THE WORKSHOP:
FEA has become widely used and universally accepted procedure in many industry sectors. In order to derive maximum benefit from the available technology, engineers should learn about the much strength of numerical techniques. At the same time, recommendations on how to avoid the inevitable pitfalls are invaluable.
- Basic Theory of FEA
- Direct Stress and Strain
- Shear Stress and Torsion
- Bending Stress
- Thermal Stress Effects
- Stress Concentration Effects
- Fatigue and Impact
- Properties of Materials
- Stiffness Calculations
- Units and Unity Bracket
FEM – 1D and 2D formulations
- FEM formulation and Weak formulation
- FEM formulation of 1D elements
- Example problems of 1D elements
- 2D Plane Stress/Plane Strain
- 2D Axis-Symmetric Problems
- Design of Loading and Constraints
- Representative Material Properties
- Results Interpretation/Verification
- Balanced Loads/Minimal Constraint
- Non-Linear Considerations
- Introduction to Plasticity
3D formulations and Meshing Methods
- Introduction to the Real World in 3D
- Example of Simple 3D Analysis
- Processing of 3D CAD Data
- Preparing CAD Data for Analysis
- Fast and Accurate Meshing Methods
- Bolted, Welded joints
- Failure analysis
- Fatigue analysis
- Post processing techniques
- Performance optimization through simulation
Quality Verifications Aspects
- Verification of FEM results
- Practical Validation
- Quality aspects in analysis
- Case studies from Automotive / Defense /Aeronautics
- Getting Help When Things Go Wrong
IMPORTANCE OF WORKSHOP:
The salient aspects of this workshop are –
- The tutorials would be handled by very experienced industry exposed users of FEM.
- This course would offer vital guidance to judge which approximations are acceptable for solving the practical problems.
- The methods of verifying and validating the FEM results would be demonstrated with real world case studies.
- The globally recognized NAFEMS benchmark standards for FEM would be explained.
- Each participant would be provided with high quality training notes.
Overall, this programme is designed to enhance the functional knowledge of young FEM users in the practical application of FEM.
NAFEMS is the International Association for the Engineering Analysis Community and it operates as an independent, not-for-profit association. The scope of its activities encompasses all simulation technology, including Finite Element Analysis and Computational Fluid Dynamics. As new application areas and techniques constantly evolve, NAFEMS becomes involved to create awareness of new analysis methodologies, deliver appropriate education, training and simulate the adoption of best practices and effective use of technology by offering a platform for continuous professional development. NAFEMS and its members are involved in the application of many different types of engineering simulation covering both products and processes. Membership exceeds 1600 corporate members from over 60 different countries.
WHO SHOULD ATTEND?
This course is aimed at practicing engineers who wish to learn more about how to apply finite element techniques to their particular problems in the most effective manner. This workshop addresses the needs of those industries wherein FEM jobs regularly carried out. The contents of this programme are specially designed keeping the needs of junior and middle level analysts who have to apply FEM for solving practical stress analysis problems. The material that is presented is independent of any particular software package, making it ideally suited to current and potential users of all commercial finite element software systems. The workshop is open to both members and non-members of NAFEMS.
Dr. Rajeev Jain
Scientist G, GTRE Bangalore
He has over 30 years of experience in the field of Nonlinear FEA to design Gas Turbine engine components. He has got vast experience of finite element modeling pertaining to impact, contact and wave mechanics.
Dr. Dilip K Mahanty
Professor, NMIMS University, Mumbai.
Over 20 years of experience in the areas of Engineering, Consulting, R&D and Teaching. His research interests are in Non-Linear Analysis with special focus on Fracture Mechanics, Crash Mechanics and Manufacturing Processes. He is currently working on simulations in the areas of Forming and Bio-Mechanical Simulations with FEM, Product Design & Analysis.
Dr. Shreehari Kumar B
Senior Consultant, TCS, Bangalore.
He pursued doctoral research award on structural engineering and has 21 years of experience in Project Management, Finite Element software product development and Engineering Services. Expertise in Full Life Cycle Finite Element Software Product Development. He carries engineering consultation, project management and technical leadership for effective use of CAE technology in Automotive, Aerospace, Defense, Space, Nuclear sectors.
Dr. K. S. Raghavan
Discipline Chief, Structures, InfoTech Enterprises Ltd., Hyderabad
He has 44 years of combined teaching, Research and Industrial experience. Served as AGM of BHEL, Hyderabad. Specialized in structural analysis using FEM.
Dr. Kumar Kenche Gowda
He has 18 years of experience in Aircraft Structures and Stress analysis that includes, metallic/composite structural design, product development. His research area of interests are simulation of turbo machinery, aero engine, wind turbine and heavy engineering components using FEA.
|Industry / R&D Labs / PSU / Public & Private Organizations||Rs 3000/- + (GST Tax@18%)|
|NAFEMS Members||Rs 2500/- + (GST Tax@18%)|
|Student participants / Faculty Participants||Rs 2000/- + (GST Tax@18%)|
Registration on fee is payable as a online transfer/cheque /DD in favour of ‘NAFEMS’ payable at Bengaluru
* GST Tax – 18% is applicable
+91- 9620543017 / +91-98439 05045
email@example.com / firstname.lastname@example.org